This is your source for information and resources available for the MapQuest Open Mobile Flash Maps API, featuring OSM map tiles, Nominatim Search Service and Open Directions. The Open Mobile Flash Maps API provides cross-platform capabilities thanks to Adobe's release of the Flex and Flash Builder 4.6 SDK. As a result, the API can support development of iOS, Android, Blackberry Tablet, and Barnes & Noble Nook, and Kindle Fire applications using the same code base.
If you're looking for our Flash Maps API on Licensed Data, please visit the Mobile Flash Maps API on Licensed Data page. If you're looking to build web or desktop applications on Open data with Flash/Flex/ActionScript, go to the Web/Desktop Flash Maps API on Open Data page.
Download the Mobile Flash Maps API Version 7.1.4_OSM_MOBILE
The Open Mobile Flash Maps API Version 7.1.4_OSM_MOBILE is available for download and features OSM map tiles, Nominatim Search service, Open Directions, and various other functionality we've incorporated to make building powerful mapping applications easy.
The Open Flash Maps API Samples Explorer features many useful code samples, built on the Web/Desktop version of our Open Flash Maps API. While the Mobile Flash Maps API is different from the Web/Desktop version, most of the samples will be applicable to both.
Open Mobile Flash Maps API vs. Open Web/Desktop Flash Maps API
The Open Mobile Flash Maps API has some differences when compared to the web/desktop version of the Open Flash Maps API. The following list describes the differences.
- By default, the TileMap object supports "pinch to zoom" (TransformGestureEvent). This can be disabled by setting the TileMap's usePinchZoom property to false.
- Double-tapping on the map zooms the map in one zoom level.
- Tapping with two fingers zooms the map out one zoom level.
- By default, the TileMap's scales have been removed to allow for more screen real estate. The scales can be enabled by setting the TileMap's showScales property to true.
- By default, the Hand Cursor does not appear. To enable the Hand Cursor, set the TileMap's showMobileCursor property to true.
- There is a "terms" link that fades to show more screen real estate.
- The default POI icon size has been increased to allow easier clicking/touching.
- The default InfoWindow width has been decreased to allow the entire contents of InfoWindows to appear on smaller screens.
- The default InfoWindow Close Button size has been increased to allow easier touching.
- Context menus have been removed.
- The Ocean Breeze controls are not supported.
- The Standard controls are not supported.
- Default Control Sets are not supported.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Check out our Open Flash Maps API Forum or visit our Contact Us page for information on how to contact us based on your product and issue.