MapQuest Maps SDK for iOS
The MapQuestMaps SDK for iOS is a library for embedding highly customized maps within iOS applications. Please visit our Getting Started Guide for instructions on how to get up and running with the SDK. The Getting Started Guide walks you through the basics of getting a MapQuest API key, setting up maps, and handling the maps callbacks. Features include:
- Native Maps
- Vector-based Traffic
The MapQuestMaps framework package contains the following files and directories:
- Changelog - a change log for each release
- docs - HeaderDocs for this release in both Swift and Objective-C
- MapQuestMaps.framework - the framework
- MapQuestMaps.podspec - the podspec file for CocoaPods
- ReadMe - this ReadMe
Steps to include the SDK
- Create an Xcode project
- Add Podfile in your project folder:
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git' source 'email@example.com:MapQuest/podspecs-ios.git' platform :ios, '8.0' use_frameworks! target :'<targetName>' do pod 'MapQuestMaps', '~> 4.0' end
- Open terminal and run
pod updatein the project folder
- Open .xcworkspace from your project folder.
import MapQuestMapsin the Swift class, or
@import MapQuestMaps;in the Objective-C class you want to use MapQuestMaps SDK
- In order to use MapQuest APIs and SDKs you will need a MapQuest Key. We use this key to associate your requests to APIs with your account. You can find your existing Keys or create a new one at ‘https://developer.mapquest.com/user/me/apps’.
- Once you have MapQuest Key, add a new row in Info.plist of your project. Set the Key to MQApplicationKey and set the Value to your MapQuest Key.