Could you help me please?
When I call the directions api to calculate routes/times in UK and Europe (particularly France and Germany) ideally I would like real-time factors to be taken into account, such as:
- Delays due to 'rush hour' traffic
- Delays/closures due to roadworks
- Delays/closures due to accidents
So I have been experimenting with some of the advanced routing options but without much luck:
- I tried requesting directions between the same locations at different times of the day (e.g. 0100 and 1700) and with useTraffic=true but it made no difference to the returned route/times.
- I tried requesting directions to coincide with a planned road closure but the returned route used the closed road.
- I also tried the traffic api (http://www.mapquestapi.com/traffic/) but it returned no data for UK/European cities.
Am I doing something wrong or is none of the above supported in UK/Europe?
By the way, please could you tell me is the 'locale' option purely for controlling the language of the narrative or does it have some additional purpose?
Thank you in advance.